Community Trekking in Pokhara is also known as Nepal Community Trek developed by famous personality Mahabir Pun. This Community trekking in Pokhara is a newly developed trekking route to uplift and support local communities of poor villages and head towards modernization. Community Trekking in Pokhara lets you get plenty of local cultural and traditional experience along with great views of snow capped mountains while passing through beautiful villages, and staying in local community lodges.
Community Trekking in Pokhara starts as we arrive at Pokhara and head towards Galeshwor to Banskharka, Nangi which is also the home of Mahabir Pun, the person behind connecting village to the rest of the world through wireless internet. Passing through Nangi, we head toward Mohare, Danda Kharka, Tikot Village, Basheri and finally back to Pokhara.
This Community Trekking in Pokhara is a short and easy trekking journey at Annapurna region suitable for everyone regardless your age and fitness. And this trek is low altitude trek, therefore there should not be any problem of altitude sickness. Join Community Trekking in Pokhara with Euro Asia for great unique, different and delightful trekking experience.
Day 1 : Pokhara - Galeshwor to Banskharka.
• Community Trekking in Pokhara starts as we drive approx 3 hours from Pokhara to Galeshwor which is the starting point of our trek. Then we head towards Banskharka, fabulous Magar Village with deep history of producing mandarins, orange and honey. During this trek, we stay have our dinner and breakfast at community dining and sleep at local villager’s home.
Day 2 : Trek Banskharka to Nangi.
• Today after having our breakfast, we head from Banskharka to Nangi village which is the birth place of Dr Mahabir Pun who is the concept creator of all these concept and projects. It may take 6 to 7 hours to get to Nangi village situated at 2330m, should stay at Nangi Community Lodge with neat and clean environment in Nangi.
Day 3 : Trek Nangi to Mohare.
• After having our instant meal, we start trekking activity and it takes appx. 8 hours walk from Nangi to Mohare Danda. Mohare Community Lodge stands above deep gorges and valleys on the verge of a steep ridge at 3360m. Here our spacious comfortable Mohare Community Lodge offers an exclusive and pristine view of a mountains range: Dhaulagiri range , Annapurna range and Manaslu range. Dhaulagiri is the 7th and Annapurna is the 10th highest in the world. This is a perfect place for sunrise and sunset views.
Day 4 : Trek Mohare to Dandakharka.
• Today, we trek through the middle of a stunning Rhododendron forest crossed by spring streams, Dandakharka Community Lodge is one of the quietest spots on the trail – yet just a short walk from local buffalo farms that worth to visit. Trekkers have to walk through the different species of forest like Pinus pindrow, Rhododendron.
Day 5 : Trek Dandakharka to Tikot village ( 5/6 hours).
• Tikot Commuity Dining will serve our breakfast and dinner and we stay at villagers’ for overnight. It is situated at 2250 m altitude. This beautiful village of Tikot rests on one side of a smooth ridge in front of the Annapurna and right above the Kali Gandaki. Locals are Pun and Magars whose culture and tradition we will be worth to explore , learn and acknowledge about.
Day 6 : Tikot village to Basheri.(2-3 hours )
• Finally we trek steep down towards Tikot Village and drive to Pokhara by private vehicle which ends our short, easy, unique and delightful Community trekking in Pokhara.
TIMS Card and ACAP permit fees