This classical trek combines three major areas north of Kathmandu along the border of Tibet Langtang, Gosainkund and Helambu. Langtang is a narrow valley that lies just south of the Tibetan border. It is sandwiched between the main Himalayan range to the north and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south. This trek offers an opportunity to explore villages to climb small peaks and to visit glaciers at a comfortably low elevation. You can trek to Langtang by returning to Kathmandu via the holy lakes of Gosainkund at 4300 meters, thousand of Hindu pilgrims visit the lakes during the full moon festival in August. The lake is also sacred to Buddhists. Gosaikunda is actually the largest of three main lakes the other two being Saraswatikunda and Bhairabkunda. Hindu legend has it that the lakes were formed when the God Siva plunged his trident (Trisul) into the ground in order to obtain water. The Trisuli River has its source in the lakes thus the name.
Helambu valley is very famous for its natural beauty and wonderful climate with superb views of magnificent snow-covered mountains. The area covers typical highland Sherpa villages along with beautiful Rhododendron forests. This region extends from the north to Taramarang to the Gosaikunda Lake and the lower Jugal Himal from the north. The valley is approached from Trishuli River north of Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1345meters
Day 2: Drive to Dunche.
Day 3: Trek to Thulo Sybru (2250meters) 5.30 hours.
Day 4: Trek to Singompa (3250meters) 5 hours.
Day 5: Trek to Gosaikunda(4460m)5hours.
Day 6: Cross over the Gosaikunda pass then trek to Ghopte (3430meters) 4 hours.
Day 7:Trek to Melamchi Gaon via Tharepati Pass (3490meters). 6 hours.
Day 8: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2743meters). 5.30 Hours.
Day 9: Trek to Shermathang (2621meters). 5.30 hours.
Day 10: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846meters). 5 hours.
Day 11: Drive from Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu. 4 hours.
Day 12: Sightseeing in historical and cultural places in Kathmandu valley
Day 13: Transfer to international airport for departure.
– Package Includes :
– All trekking permits
– 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara on bed and breakfast basis (2-3 star)
– Private car for transportation to and from the trekking trail head
– All meals with tea / coffee
– Lodge accommodation during the trek
– Trekking with English speaking guide and necessary porter
– Package Excludes :
– Bottled drinks and beverages
– Evacuation (will be done in your account)
– Tips (Service Charge in Hotel and Restaurants are included)
– Single supplement Charges
– Lunch & Dinner in Pokhara or away from the trek
– Tea breaks, chocolates or other snacks and any meals beside breakfat, lunch and dinner.
– Delay and cancellation because of natural phenomenon
– Anything which is not specifically mentioned above.